CFUW Lethbridge and District mission is to promote education and life-long leaning, to encourage the participation of members in our community and to enhance the status of women and girls.
NATIONAL CFUW will continue to enhance its role as a national, bilingual, independent organization striving to promote equality, social justice, fellowship and life-long learning for women and girls.
CFUW Lethbridge and District vision is to advocate for high quality public education, eradication of child poverty, universal health care, a clean safe environment and the eradication of physical and psychological violence against women and children.
The purpose of CFUW Lethbridge and District shall be:
- To provide an opportunity for intellectual activity, friendship and social activity among like-minded women in the community.
- To provide life long learning programs, community action projects and advocate with local, provincial and national legislators on Canadian Federation of University Women priority issues.
- To provide scholarships through the University of Lethbridge.
- To educate and advocate on issues locally, provincially, nationally and internationally regarding the status, equality and empowerment of women and girls, education, human rights, peace, justice and the environment.
CFUW Lethbridge and District will adhere to the national CFUW strategic aims of :
- Membership: continue to build and strengthen our membership to sustain a healthy organization while continuing our advocacy and educational support and initiatives.
- Public Profile: continue to raise our public profile by our local projects.
- Advocacy: continue to advocate, take action and partner with like minded groups
- Scholarships/Fellowships: continue to provide scholarships and awards.
- 5. Sustainability: continue to provide a program and interesting projects and interest groups to maintain and increase membership